14 Days living yoga retreat in Rishikesh – India
Based on the principles of ‘karma-yog’, Pradeep Yogi, the yoga ashram situated in the foothills of Himalayas offers a unique Living Yoga Program. This program comprises essential elements of higher living that is based on – spirituality, social integration and selfless action (nishkam karma निष्काम कर्म). The program can be taken individually or with the family, friends or work colleagues.
The Living Yoga Program welcomes all ages. The program is effectively blended with the Yoga asanas, pranayam, meditation and other relaxation techniques to help you make a clear difference through practice while you are here. We have trained medical practitioners available onsite who will check your medical vitals throughout the program to collect tangible improvement in your health and well being.
You may perceive this program as an extension of 7 days yoga retreat.
What to expect from a 14 days yoga retreat
- Reasonable understanding of Yoga asanas and asanas adjustments to suit your body.
- Enough knowledge to start practicing yoga asanas and meditation on your own at home
- Targeted lectures on Bhagwad Geeta to attain deeper understanding of Karma yoga
Daily Schedule for 14 Days Yoga Retreat
Please note: We do not keep a fixed schedule for Living Yoga retreat as everyday is a new day and different from the previous day. Below is just an indicative schedule. Each day’s activity will be discussed on the day or a previous day.
|06:00 am to 06:15 am
|06:15 am to 06:30 am
|06:30 am to 08:00 am
|08:00 am to 08:30 am
|09:15 am to 10:15 am
|11:00 am to 12:00 am
|Adjustment and alignment *
|01:30 pm to 02.30 pm
|03:00 pm to 04:00 pm
|Discussion on yoga/ lifestyle *
|05:00 pm to 06:30 pm
|06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
|08:00 pm to 09:00 pm
*Activities during this time are subjected to change as per offering in program highlights and Teacher’s description
What can you achieve from a 14 days retreat
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra
- Basics of asana and enough understanding to create your own sequence
- Basics of adjustment for asana that you learned in 7 days
- Gather enough knowledge of yoga to start practicing on your own after going back
- Will provide you clarity should you wish to take deep dive in yoga practice and enroll for 21 days retreat program
Am I eligible to attend 14 days living yoga retreat:
You can enroll in the retreat if you:
- You are aged between 18 to 75 years
- You have no yoga experience and just wanted a sneak peak in the zen world
- A professional yoga course aspirant, looking to enrol in 200 hours yoga TTC
- If you do not want to become yoga teacher but learn just enough yoga to practice on your own
- Students, housewives, entrepreneurs, corporate professionals looking for ways to handle stress, increase productivity and enjoy zen moments
- Planning to spend some time with nature and connect to your inner self
Highlights and value-add of the yoga retreat
- Yogic and ayurvedic internal body cleansing
- 1 Ayurvedic massage
- Beginners Yogic asanas, meditation techniques and the yogic philosophies
- Being able to work at the ashram in the area of your choice, for example gardening, cooking, teaching, cleaning, farming, helping villagers in their daily chores etc
- Trekking to Temple and/or a Waterfall to soak in the nature along with pristine atmosphere of the Yogpeeth
- River rafting excursion or site seeing in and around Rishikesh subjected to weather conditions and availability
- Spiritual and Philosophical discussion on learnings from Bhagwad Gita, Upnishads etc.
- Should you wish to order massage at your own cost we can arrange for you
What skill levels are expected to attend introductory yoga retreat
- Traditional hatha yoga
- Ashtanga yoga
- For kids under 12 – we have kids yoga to provide them awareness of yoga asana with fun twist
Know about your accommodation, food and more at yoga retreat
We have designed yoga retreat keeping in consideration a comfortable accommodation, nutritious food and natural environment.
Will I be provided comfortable accommodation
Beautifully designed wooden cottages are purpose-built to give you a complete nature living experience. Appropriately sized room with comfortable bed and cotton mattress, decent size bathroom, hot and cold water availability round the clock makes your stay comfortable and memorable.
All bedding and toiletries are provided
Should you have any dietary requirement, kindly inform us before your arrival.
What is included
- What is included
- Three vegetarian meals a day
- Tea and coffee
- Beddings and toiletries
- Carrying luggage uphill from the main road to the ashram
- Pick-up and drop-off services From Dehradun Airport at guest’s expense
What is NOT included
- Free pick-up from Dehradun Airport
- Airconditioner in the room