Beginner Yoga Retreat
An introductory Yoga Retreat by Rishikesh Yogpeeth
An introductory Yoga program by Rishikesh Yogpeeth, for the yoga enthusiasts who would like to opt for a professional yoga course like 200 hours teachers training course. As the professional yoga practise requires a certain level of dedication and commitment; this program will help you estimate your willingness to embrace yoga and the bliss that follows. This program in general will help align your physical, mental, and spiritual energy in a way which allows you to be mindful in every aspect of your life, thus making you many times productive and joyful. There could be no place more relaxing and serene other than the mighty Himalayas and the holy Ganga. Allow the picturesque nature at the Rishikesh Yogpeeth to become one with you and help you become meditative and mindful.
- Basic understanding of Yoga asanas and asanas adjustments to suit your body.
- Enough knowledge to start practicing yoga asanas and meditation on your own at home.
- Discussion of introduction of Patanjali yoga sutra may ignite your interest to go deeper in yoga philosophy idf that’s your area of interest and you wish to go deeper.
Typical Daily Schedule for 7 Days Yoga Retreat
|06:00 am to 06:15 am
|06:15 am to 06:30 am
|06:30 am to 08:00 am
|08:00 am to 08:30 am
|09:15 am to 10:15 am
|11:00 am to 12:00 am
|Adjustment and alignment *
|01:30 pm to 02.30 pm
|03:00 pm to 04:00 pm
|Discussion on yoga/ lifestyle *
|05:00 pm to 06:30 pm
|06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
|08:00 pm to 09:00 pm
*Activities during this time are subjected to change as per offering in program highlights and Teacher’s description
What can you achieve from a 7 days retreat
- Introduction to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra
- Basics of asana and enough understanding to create your own sequence
- Basics of adjustment for asana that you learned in 7 days
- Gather enough knowledge of yoga to start practicing on your own after going back
- Will provide you clarity should you wish to take deep dive in yoga practice and enroll for 14 days or 21 days retreat program
Am I eligible to attend introductory yoga retreat:
You can enroll in the retreat if you:
- You are aged between 18 to 75 years
- You have no yoga experience and just wanted a sneak peak in the zen world
- A professional yoga course aspirant, looking to enrol in 200 hours yoga TTC
- If you do not want to become yoga teacher but learn just enough yoga to practice on your own
- Students, housewives, entrepreneurs, corporate professionals looking for ways to handle stress, increase productivity and enjoy zen moments
- Planning to spend some time with nature and connect to your inner self
Highlights and value-add of the yoga retreat
- Yogic and ayurvedic internal body cleansing
- 1 Ayurvedic massage
- An introduction to yogic asanas, meditation techniques and the yogic philosophies
- Trekking to Temple and/or a Waterfall to soak in the nature along with pristine atmosphere of the Yogpeeth
- River rafting excursion or site seeing in and around Rishikesh subjected to weather conditions and availability
- Spiritual and Philosophical discussion on learnings from Bhagwad Gita, Upnishads etc.
- Should you wish to order massage at your own cost we can arrange for you
What skill levels are expected to attend introductory yoga retreat
- Traditional hatha yoga
- Ashtanga yoga
Know about your accommodation, food and more at yoga retreat
We have designed yoga retreat keeping in consideration a comfortable accommodation, nutritious food and natural environment.
Will I be provided comfortable accommodation
Beautifully designed wooden cottages are designed to give you a complete nature living experience. Appropriately sized room with comfortable bed and cotton mattress, decent size bathroom, hot and cold water availability round the clock makes your stay comfortable and memorable.
All bedding and toiletries are provided
Will I be provided comfortable accommodation
- Three vegetarian meals are served per day, designed by ayurveda nutritionist to make sure each meal served is perfectly balanced
- Tea and coffee joints are at common areas for you to enjoy a hot drink at any time of the day
- A cafe on-site to enjoy afternoon masala chai/coffee with local and migratory birds and butterflies fluttering around.
- Filtered water and natural spring water
- Non vegetarian food (including eggs), alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited. Consumption of any type of intoxication product is NOT tolerated at Rishikesh Yogpeeth
Should you have any dietary requirement, kindly inform us before your arrival.
What is included
- Three vegetarian meals a day
- Daily yoga asana classes
- Daily pranayama and yogic cleansing
- Daily meditation
- One complimentary Ayurvedic massage
- Pick-up service From Dehradun Airport at guest’s expense
What is NOT included
- Free pick-up from Delhi Airport
- AC/room heater